Very brief overview of what happened at our Sunday game.
Guthar and Breylin headed back east to Holbek, to honor some of the parties commitments to their village.
The party spent time resupplying, stealing Cannon.... With Kip almost getting killed in the process.. (Molten metal everywhere, leg caught in chain .. D-Fence inspections, it was a scene.)
The team met Mr. Super McGuffin ranger who had been hunting them for Vorul. The ranger was beaten in Torin, and out of options, he threw himself on the mercy of the party and told them everything he knew. Admitting his family was being held by Vorul and he had no chance of getting them back on his own.
He told them of Vorul raising three forces, one bred to fight the wyverns of Krom, one made up of Human oid clans , and one raised from the dead of Orduth.
Based on the vision the master had received the previous week in the newly reactivated grove of Dairhouse, the party set off to the north toward the ancient ruins of Orduth.
After a few supply stops and some severe corporal punishment of misbehaving crew by captain Johan, the ship finally reached the fishing town of Tower Light.
The place was bleak, having not received much trade from fishing vessels plying the Eastern inland sea. They had sent scouts to check on a village further up the inland coast but have not received any word in a month.
The party set out to see this village for themselves.
In the dark, in the rain.
on arrival they found the village taken over by strange Blue skinned lizard like humanoids who had apparently slain the villages occupants. (dragonkin from the PHB.)
Their approach in the ship alerted the guards instantly and the party was involved in a running fight from the time they stepped on land.
During the heated engagement, the party heard a great roar and moments later a vast Blue lizard landed on one of the village buildings, it's bulk nearly crushing the structure.
It was a dragon, a blue dragon.. something long thought extinct in Aleria, and something non e of the party had seen or thought they would ever see.
The Dragon was also a bit surprised truth be told, here it came expecting to run off or kill some simple fishermen as it had before. it was instead being pummeled by fireballs, and magic arrows.
The fight was brief, ended by the report of the ship's cannon. A (very) lucky shot by Rhea hit the beast broad sides and caused it to rethink its tactical situation. It retreated back into the clouds and temporarily at least, out of the parties reach. No one was killed but the beast had made it's presence known and a small part of its power felt.
- You guys learned the main bad guys is indesputedlyVorul. He has been doing things while you guys have been opening up ley lines.
- The Ranger gave you a bit too much info.
- Including that Vorul has 2 lieutenants who are raising armies, one to move south and one to move north.
- The Keys, there are 4 keys, one held by Vorul, one held by each lieutenant, and one held by the master.
- Johann also dug up a plethora of information about the city of Orduth and the history of the Orduth VS Alerian war.
- An avatar of a elemental Lord was stealing magic from the realm.
- His home base was Orduth
- he was largely successful.
- when he (the elemental lord) was defeated the city imploded.
- Magic has never come back to the realm, there are only limited numbers of people who can manipulate true magic.
- The dragon is significant. Not only because it's big and dangerous, but story wise because it's not supposed to be here. It's not supposed to be anywhere.
- This is this story arcs end game.
- The monsters and such are going to be dangerous. As a rule I tend to use kind of cheese puff humanoid enemies that go down in a few rounds. I do this so dangerous stuff... (like a dragon, or Rhemoraz from a while back,) feel actually dangerous.
- Some of the upcoming encounters are dangerous with a capital D.
- You guys are playing some of my, and your very favorite characters. There is a real chance some of them could die. I honestly apologize in advance.
- In character Research is your friend.
- My game is, and always has been a sandbox.
Ok On to the net one.