Friday, March 6, 2020

The ships log book from our 2/29/2020 game.


Ship Log:
Early Log entries included normal day to day activities, course corrections and supply inventories. Each entry is initialed K.M. and L.V.L.

The following entries are stand outs and outliers that may be of interest or at least are different from the day to day.

We left Krom two months ago the Ageis is performing well, sky worthy is the best way to describe it. Maneuvering is difficult with such a large ship, the wind batters these boxy sides as much as wave have ever battered a wave born vessel. I look ahead and see the Athias moving into the clouds and hope their captain is capable. The mages who kitted these ships trusted gnomes and wizards but not shipwrights and I can't wait to get out of the sky and back in the sea.
K.M. / L.V.L.

Our clients keep changing their destinations, they have the gold to make these changes viable, but I don’t trust the winds over the mountains. Safety before profit. Torin would have been an easy journey.
K.M. / L.V.L.

I halve asked the Client to cover that damnable mirror. The crew is nervous around it and it’s ever changing images. We found an old curtain from my cabin, it’ll do.
K.M. / L.V.L.

These magicians are having us over the iron spine. I wouldn't try to walk over these peaks let alone “sail.”
K.M. / L.V.L.

The keel of this ship is acting up we are having trouble making speed against the winds. The gnome is talking of “gems and magical fields”, I don’t believe a word. We have run up sails to assist, I know and trust the wind. The Athias is out pacing us.
K.M. / L.V.L.

Finally a destination has been decided a keep at the end of some forsaken valley. The final cost will be 1200 in gold and they best pay. The risks involved in this mountain crossing have been extreme. The Athias is ahead and has reported a small village where we may put down.
K.M. / L.V.L.

The spotter claimed to see a winged beast in the clouds. I have doubled the deck crew and armed them all.
K.M. / L.V.L.

The crash was horrendous. I thought dragons were legend, I also thought they were wise. The damnable beast dove from the sun right into our rigging. I don’t even think it slowed down. Had it not even have seen us? The beast is dead regardless. The weight of the creature drove us to earth, The best I could do was try to land us in a small clearing. K.M.
At count of our 45 crew only 20 survive. One of our clients is dead. Three remain.
We have buried who we can , many remain in the hulk of the ship.
K.M.

First mate Loren is dead, we found him in the woods this morning. Well in a tree actually. Tossed from the deck during the fall. We buried him with honors, but the best we could do is a stone cairn in this frozen land. A good sailor and navigator, a waste and a shame.
We also found the Gnome in the wreckage, crushed. With him died any chance of repairing this vessel.
K.M.

I have spoken to the surviving crew. This job is over. We’ll pay out once we have a plan.
K.M.

The Athiea was forward of us and I think they saw our plight but they continued on. I hope they don't return. I hope their captain gets out of these mountains as fast as she can sail her ship south.
A party is being put together by our clients to march out on foot and meet the Athias at their destination. our clients are among them but one will stay back to guard their silly mirror. Some of the crew have been convinced to stay with the job. Fools.
K.M.

This isn’t about money for me anymore, I’ll take my gold, what’s left of my crew and march south out of these hellish mountains. These red wizards can do whatever they want with whomever will stay behind. Love of gold has claimed more men than the sea.
K.M.

My men are gathering supplies and have have packs ready, we leave in the morning.
K.M.

Let it be known that this is the final entry of the Sky ship Ageis. If this log ever found, I captain Kalivin Midgrain and crew executed our contract to this final day. We sailed our client towards their destination until beset by calamity equal to any accident seen on the sea.
I have spoken to our clients. It was a heated conversation, but I convinced them that I can be of no further use and that my remaining crew has enough numbers to enforce my breaking of this contract if we must. Even the individuals who have chosen to stay on with the clients will not take up arms against their former crew mates or myself.
I release the clients of their financial obligations beyond this point. As the ship is no longer sky-worthy and can not be salvaged. The Laws of free salvage now cover her, and the clients are on their own.
My remaining loyal crew of 12 and I march south today.
6 of my former crew are staying behind joining the remaining retainers of the surviving wizards. I wish them luck.
K.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment